Below are the positions we are looking for currently:
FUNDRAISER/ GRANT WRITER
For our organization we currently seek a Fundraiser/ Grant writer.
Creating Rights is a non-profit organization seeking to foster a reflection on Human Rights, International Justice, and Humanitarian issues through artistic and cultural productions. To achieve this, Creating Rights offers a platform with information on projects and professionals such as artists, human rights activists, academics and law practitioners working on these issues. It also provides support to such projects, by giving them visibility or by providing assistance such as knowledge and expertise in the fields of human rights, international humanitarian law, international criminal justice, or transitional justice in general.
- Develop fundraising programs.
- Monitor progress of fundraising activities.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Compile or develop materials to submit for granting.
- Identify grant opportunities for specific projects.
- Identify grant opportunities for organizational development.
- Grant writing and application on behalf of our organization.
- Research prospective donors.
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors.
- Conduct fundraising strategies for the organization.
- Organize a campaign or event that will lead to soliciting donations.
- Maintain records of donor information for future use.
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising events.
- Develop strategies to encourage contributions.
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from corporate donors.
- Prepare materials for charitable events.
- Create or update donor databases.
- Establish fundraising or participation goals.
- Explain the tax advantages of contributions to potential donors.
- Write and send letters to donors.
- Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
Required competencies for this role:
- You have diverse academic background.
- 2 years experience with fundraising, preferably within an NGO environment.
- Experience in grant writing.
- Experience in document and data gathering for application of grants.
- You require impeccable communication skills in order to communicate the message of our organization.
- Personable and self standing individual.
- You are detail oriented as you will deal with various data, including lists of people’s names and phone numbers, whilst complying with regulations.
- Leadership skills and Project management skills .
- Organizational skills. You will manage campaigns and events that require planning and organizational skills to succeed.
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Dutch is desirable.
What we offer:
- A challenging and diverse project portfolio.
- Opportunity to learn and strengthen your NGO and fundraising experience.
- Being part of small and highly driven team.
- Responsibilities and opportunities to take intitiave.
To apply please send your CV and Motivation Letter to:
Ms Lucie Prazak, Human Resources Officer